Policies and Procedures
- Individuals participating in adolescent/adult recreation programs must have a primary disability of developmental disability or severe learning disability.
- Individuals participating in children's programs must have a primary disability of developmental disability, severe learning disability or developmental delay.
- Individuals must have the ability to participate cooperatively with others.
- Individuals must be free of inappropriate behaviors which seriously endanger the safety of self or others.
- Individuals who are not independent in personal care skills or individuals with special medical/mental health needs must have 1:1 staffing with them in order to participate.
- Registration MUST be completed in advance of an activity.
- Registration closes 72 hours (3 days) before the event takes place.
- Staffing, supplies and emergency information must be in place for a safe and productive recreation activity.
- No walk ins or same day registration will be accepted.
- Check Recreation Schedule for programs closed for registration.
2. Participants must register and pay before attending a program. To register, complete the two-page registration form. Then bring or mail your completed form with payment to the below address.
3. GWArc staff will be responsible for communicating with the applicant relative to assessment, support, program availability and program regulations. GWArc staff will make final admission decisions.
4. Once admitted, participants must make the commitment to attend each class. Preparation of materials is dependent upon the number of people registered. If you are not able to attend, please notify GWArc staff at 781.899.1344 Ext. 0. No refunds for missed activities by registrants. GWArc regrets that we cannot refund any portion of an ongoing activity which we may cancel. If a one time event is cancelled, you will be credited for the class if we cannot reschedule.
5. Registration in any program may be limited due to staff and/or space limitation. Be sure to register as soon as possible. To know whether a program is full, please take a look at GWArc's website.
6. No participant is to be dropped off or left at an activity without a recreation assistant being present.
7. Pick up at the end of an event must be prompt. Please cooperate with this request.
8. If an individual needs one-on-one assistance for daily living activities, medical and/or behavioral needs, it is the responsibility of the family and/or residential staff to provide care for that participant.
9. INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: Programs may be cancelled due to poor weather conditions. We will cancel activities if Waltham Schools do so and at our own discretion. In case of inclement weather, please call 781.899.1344 Ext. 0.